First thing I did was take the drawers out and remove the hardware. I find it easy to put all hardware in a Ziploc freezer bag. This way everything is together and I'm not searching for screws when its time to put it all back together.
I had a few drawers that were starting to separate in a couple different places. So I took some wood glue and glued everything back in place.
After the wood glue dried, I sanded the entire dresser to get the majority of the old paint off and to create a nice smooth finish.
Now it's time for paint! I chose to use Glidden 2 in 1 Paint & Primer because it cuts out a step and I'm ADD and I hate to wait for paint to dry. I have the entire dresser two coats of paint and while it was drying I focused my attention on the hardware.
This dresser had three draw pulls and 2 knobs because it was missing one. Since I'm putting this in my bathroom I decided to replace all of the knobs with knobs that match the cabinets in my bathroom.
So now all I had to worry about was the draw pulls. They were pretty tarnished and an odd size so they would not be easy to replace without making new holes in the draws. So to make my life easy I turned to my old friend Krylon. Just two coats of spray paint and they were good as new!
The only thing left to do is put it all back together! Easy as that!